Wednesday, May 22, 2013

United States

Hello!
It's nice to be home!
The time has gone by so fast.
Leaving St. Andrews was bittersweet.
I never went to sleep that night and hugged a few friends goodbye at 4am.
I dozed off for half an hour or so on the ride to the airport. The sun had risen at 330 and the sky was so bright and white.
My flights were long and crowded but it was wonderful to land in Boston.
I met my Dad in the Border Patrol and Customs line as his business flight returning from Dublin had just landed.
We collected our baggage and sat outside Logan airport in the sunshine as we waited for our bus to New Hampshire.
It was beautifully warm and sunny.
The view of the city too, was amazing.
It sounds so strange, but seeing license plates, hearing American accents, Spanish, and feeling the sun was wonderful and it all hit me there that I was back in my home.
The weekend was filled with unpacking, cleaning, reorganizing and spending time with family.
I spent Tuesday in Burlington, Vermont and Saint Michael's and it was so nice to be back. I hadn't been on campus since July and so much had changed. It was wonderful to see friends again and it was such a nice day. :)
It's been pretty rainy here in New Hampshire since I returned but much warmer than Scotland and I've loved the trees, lilacs and being on the lake.
Ohh and a few photos below -- the last of Scotland and then a few from home.

Last afternoon in Scotland last Thursday -- saying goodbye to Becky and Jia, both are fourth-year English students who graduate next month. :)

Jia and I spent the afternoon exploring St. Andrews residence halls. This one, Wardlaw, is my favorite.

At our meal that evening, Lydia, Joseph, myself, Han and Siti. :)

Joy, myself, Nages, Han and Siti.

Siti, Nages, Han, myself, Joy, Conor and Lydia.
 
And then I arrived home! And was struck by the beauty of the forest and
Friday's sunset. I might not have slept well in forty-ish hours, but a mix of adrenaline and excitement allowed me to stay up throughout the evening.

Friday's sunset.
The next day, we headed to Manchester for my friend Linh's graduation from St. Anselm College.

It was a wonderful day!
Exciting and emotional.
And plenty warm.

I've known Linh for five years and she is one of my closest friends. It was wonderful to meet and sit with her parents who had arrived from Vietnam.
Home.



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment