Monday, May 6, 2013

Healthy!

I'm pleased to announce the return of my health! I love immune systems.

I was sick with a head flu this past week and it was a struggle.
I spent three days resting in bed and was so so weak.
I find each time I'm struck with influenza my mind turns to strange thoughts and worries.
I had a few unpleasant dreams that I was dying of Spanish influenza.
It was frightening.
But after five days, I'm feeling good! Still a few lingering symptoms that'll take some time, but my energy and strength has returned. :)
I'm thankful too the weather has been quite rainy. It was a bit upsetting to be spending some of my last days in St. Andrews in bed, but with the chill and rain, I didn't miss too much.
Today was the official May Day holiday. Even though we've begun the second revision week (the week preceding exams when no classes are held) much of the University was closed today along with several businesses. As the weather was warm and sunny, there were huge amounts of families and visitors visiting St. Andrews. It felt a bit like American Labor Day. 
 
This evening Shaunna and I attended a Fiesta hosted by a few other American study abroad students. I've struggled this semester with knowing this semester's American study abroad group, but the girls hosting the Fiesta were so nice and much of our program was there. We all miss Mexican food, and the food that was prepared was delicious. Shaunna and I brought along some chips and salsa, and enjoyed tacos, homemade guacamole and salsa.
Jenny (one of the hosts) and myself. :) Ohhh and clearly my sweater buttons were a bit off. :)
  


No comments:

Post a Comment