Wednesday, May 15, 2013

One Down

Greetings!
Today went so well.
My exam went perfectly fine.
I awoke late in the morning after falling asleep early in the morning with my notes next to me in bed.
I met a classmate for lunch and had no appetite, but I knew I needed to eat something.
I was far more nervous than I expected and spent the hour before the exam trying to busy myself with other tasks and thoughts as looking over the material just made me unsure.
We met the rest of our class (and a Spanish and Film Study class) at our exam venue and found our assigned seats.
The room was beautiful. It was a large room on the second floor of College Hall with wide square windows, cream-yellow walls and heavy gold curtains. It all overlooked the main academic quad. I also was lucky to be seated in a desk next to a heater which I could lean against. :)
After the exam, I spoke with classmates and friends and said farewell to a few friends.
After an assortment of hugs, I met my friend Kholoud for dinner at a Mexican restaurant.
Kholoud and I met back in December. She attended St. Andrews last year as a master's student and currently teaches literature and English at St. Leonard's School, the private boarding/day school in St. Andrews for students aged 10-19. Kholoud is originally from Cairo but grew up in Liverpool. She has been such a sweet friend this past spring and I am beyond excited that she has chosen to begin her Ph.D next year at Cornell in Ithaca, New York in comparative literature. We enjoyed our Mexican food (and a slice of mango-coconut cheesecake) before heading over to St. Leonard's drama production of Animal Farm. Kholoud had been helping with the production, and it was really cute (yet also politically stimulating!) to watch eighth, ninth and tenth-graders perform George Orwell's work.
After returning to my residence, I dove into packing, emails, messages and revising for my American Poetry exam tomorrow.
Yikes.
Last day in Scotland!

No comments:

Post a Comment