Thursday, May 9, 2013

Vermont Life

Hello!
I don't have too much to say currently.
Although I do have some big news! Well, it's not too huge.
It's more needless self-promotion...
But I'll still announce it.
I will be blogging over the summer.
I've loved blogging this past year and can't envision myself giving it up.
I plan to use this same blog.
My Scotland posts will always be here but I imagine I'll change the name of the blog.
I think I've written about it before, but I've accepted a position with Blue Cross Blue Shield Vermont this summer in communications and external affairs. I'll be working in Berlin (right outside of Montpelier) full-time and am looking forward to the experience.
I'll be living with a family member on her dairy farm in Northfield, Vermont during the week.
Cows from the University of Vermont's dairy farming program (taken December, 2011).

I'll also be taking a summer course online through Saint Michael's towards my Media Studies, Journalism, Digital Arts and communications degree.
I'm hoping to continue writing, reading and photography this summer. I'd also love to travel a bit if I can at the end of the summer...but we'll see what happens.

As I've begun planning for the summer and the fall, I've realized just how much I love Vermont.
I'm so happy I chose to attend school there.
Some days I miss it.
Mainly the people, the handmade crafts, organic and local food, the green movement, the kindness, acceptance and equality.
And the peaceful nature of everyone and everything.
And the tie dye. And shorts and birkenstocks and sunglasses.
Below are a few Vermont images that I love.
As a disclaimer, none of the photos below belong to me.

This is what I think of when I think of summer in Vermont. Church Street in Burlington. So beautiful.

Uhmmm yum. I miss Vermont cheese.

So peaceful. This past week I've been missing the lilac bushes from home. 

So Vermont. Gorgeous.

Rural.

Yes.


2 comments: