Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Edward

                                           Good morning. This is how my day began:
I first met Edward (Teddy) - the enormous French lop of a rabbit pictured here - while walking through St. Andrews one day. He was being walked by his owner Claudia, a third-year student from London. I later discovered Edward had a Facebook account and I felt immediately that he was a bunny I could be friends with. I heard from Claudia shortly after she noticed that I was from New Hampshire. She's recently been accepted to teach at Derryfield School in Manchester, New Hampshire this summer. She'll be living in Warner, about twenty minutes from my home, and from there we began a long string of Facebook messages about all things New Hampshire. We met up this morning for coffee and she was kind enough to bring the adorable Edward along. We decided on Costa (The Great Britain version of Starbucks) as the staff there allow Edward to sit outside among the tables. When I arrived, Claudia was inside ordering her coffee and a Costa barista was holding Edward's leash which she handed to me upon arrival. Claudia and I discussed U.S. visas, Manchester, teaching, St. Andrews, and all things New Hampshire in the summer. As Edward tends to do, he attracted plenty of attention from people passing by who stopped to pat him or ask 'Is that a rabbit!?' Later, I ran off to a revising class after bidding a quick farewell to Claudia and Edward as an elderly woman approached to give him a few long pats. I'm looking forward to seeing Claudia this summer in New Hampshire and am so happy I met her and Edward. :) 
Ohh and Edward is about three times the size of all rabbits I've ever owned. 18 pounds of bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment