Sunday, April 14, 2013

This Past Week

Hello!

This week has gone by so fast. My parents visited this past Saturday until Friday and it was wonderful having them here. Unfortunately St. Andrews and much of Scotland was very grey and chilly during much of their visit. We did fit in a few days in Edinburgh though, plenty of exploring in St. Andrews, and a castle near Pitlochry, in central Scotland.

I left before sunrise on Saturday morning for the Edinburgh airport and loved this view over the North Sea in one of the fishing villages between St. Andrews and Edinburgh.


                                Later that day, my Dad and I outside the Edinburgh castle:

We stayed in Edinburgh overnight and the hotel we stayed in had a beautiful view of the Edinburgh Castle.
 
Later in the week, between my classes we ventured to Pitlochry, a town in central Scotland after stopping at Glamis Castle and a whisky distillery.
 
The day was grey but the rolling hills were beautiful!
 
For some reason, my camera never saw the light of day while at Glamis Castle. The two images below are taken from Wikipedia:
 
GlamisWide.JPG
 
I love this image. It wasn't snowy while we were there, but very cold.
Glamis Castle is in the county of Angus, a bordering county to the Kingdom of Fife, where I live. The castle was gorgeous and so historic. It supposedly is the setting of Shakespeare's Macbeth, but the furnished rooms and stories surrounding the castle were amazing.

We stopped at a pub for lunch. :)


 

Myself and my Mom at the whisky distillery tasting.
 
 

 
Later in their visit, we visited St. Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh which was beautiful!
 

 
Things have certainly returned to normal this weekend but it was so nice having my parents see Scotland and my life here this past year. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment