Sunday, August 25, 2013

San Francisco and the Beginning of the Final Year

Hello from Vermont.

I moved into my senior year residence earlier today and begin classes tomorrow.

It was a busy weekend of moving, packing and cleaning, but also some of the most beautiful weather of the summer. I was so happy to be living at Saint Michael's College over the summer after being away for a year, and today's adjustment to campus has gone so well. The realization of this being my final year of college is barely believable. I've been back in the U.S over three months now, and it was a summer of time spent between Vermont and New Hampshire, interning, driving, enjoying the outdoors, and throughout, readjustment. Sometime in early to mid-July I reached a point of complete happiness and fluency in living in the U.S. again. This comfort has continued throughout the summer. Yesterday though, I experienced the most vivid and unexpected memories of St. Andrews. Of arriving there last September, moving in, adjusting, shopping, enrolling, attending classes, and more vividly than ever before, I remembered conversations, evenings and dinners with friends, exploration and experience. All came in the most unexpected way and each made me remember the experience and think about it. Again today, driving northwards, I thought of the last couple of years. The wonderful experience I had at Saint Michael's for two years, the decision to leave for a year, the risks I took and the life I lived in St Andrews. All of it led up to today's return and beginning. It makes me incredibly happy.

                                                     San Francisco, California below.
The Utah/Nevada desert from above. Breathtaking, dramatic, beautiful.


The ceiling of the UC Berkeley library.

Santa Cruz.

The first organic strawberry farm in California.

The Pacific!

San Francisco.



With my brother's driving skills, we conquered this hill.





The Bay Bridge connecting Oakland and Berkeley to San Francisco.




Matt and I.

Marin County.



No comments:

Post a Comment