Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Manhattan

Greetings!
Once again, this blog has changed. I wanted to focus on several topics I've written previously on this past year and I chose to create separate pages where these posts will be sorted and visible. All posts will be posted here on the homepage as well. As for the name change, I'm not entirely sure. 'Golden Edges' have been two words in my head throughout the summer. I've explored them in poetic terms and thought about what they might mean and why they continue to appear in my head most days. No answers have been found yet, but I find them to be beautiful and perhaps the meaning lies in a positive/'the glass is half full' meaning.

Writing from Scotland peaked my interest in blogging and those posts will remain under the 'Scotland' tab. I felt the need to change the name upon return to the United States, and while much of the writing of this blog is based in Northern New England, much of my posts, ideas and thoughts pertain to areas outside of the region.

This past weekend, I visited Manhattan, it was an incredibly fun weekend and a great destination.

I visited a couple of friends and stayed in one of their apartments in Chinatown. Despite the love I hold for the greenery and stillness of this region, I loved the city. I loved walking outside each morning to people, noise, culture, color and excitement. My bus ride to the city was about five-hours and as the arrival neared, it felt slightly like when I arrived in London last December. The same slight-nervousness of approaching an enormous city set in (although the arrival in London held a few more firsts than New York). As we neared, the congestion of people and traffic increased. We drove through Harlem before arriving across from Grand Central Station. And the weekend began.

It was filled with plenty of walking, time spent in Central Park, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Vietnamese, Korean and Indian food, views of the city, subway rides, the most delicious bagel I've ever tasted, live music, dancing, and plenty of new people to meet.
Vietnamese food



In the Financial District, One World Trade Center; recently finished to replace both World Trade Center towers. A startlingly beautiful, yet terribly sad space.



St. Patrick's Cathedral

Scottish poet Robert Burns in Central Park!

The NYU Bookshop



No comments:

Post a Comment