Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday

Good morning.

It's Friday morning here and I'll be leaving in a little over an hour for the Edinburgh airport (two bus rides and about an hour and a half south of here) to pick up one of my best friends, Katie, who will be visiting the next five days. I'm beyond excited. :)

I learned earlier this week that my Tudor essay topic was approved with a few minor changes which was nice. I've found myself researching for and working more on that.

On Wednesday I had the opportunity to be apart of an exciting project here. A photoshoot project with an emphasis on feminism began at Oxford a few months ago, and through the media, other UK and US universities adopted the project including St Andrews this week. The project involved participants to hold a white board with the words 'I need feminism because...' Mine is below:
I wrote: 'I need feminism because 60 million girls worldwide do not have access to education.'
After my photo had been taken, I stayed for a couple hours to help in the process. I spoke with and encouraged students who had arrived, cleaned white boards, and spoke with the other volunteers. It was a painfully cold day and quite windy. Once I left, I headed to the School of English where I sat in front of a heater for an hour.:)
Despite the cold, I loved the surroundings of St. Mary's quad (where the photoshoot occurred), St. Mary's is the school of divinity - one of the absolute oldest schools in St Andrews, with the school being founded at the birth of the University in 1413.
St. Mary's quad


I realized while here I had only been once previously - in early September at a Christian Union champagne event where I met my academic Dad.


I LOVED these vines.





My friends Sheen and Miriam came to participate in the photoshoot. :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment