Thursday, February 7, 2013

An Assortment

It appears that spring has appeared here almost overnight, with flowers blooming all over town.

Yesterday the skies were so blue. I was leaving the school of English when I took these.

 
Unfortunately, Kerry (my roommate) and I are both quite sick right now. At the start of each semester some type of international sickness seems to come around. This appears to just be a cold. I tend to get hit hard with colds, but they usually last only a few days which is nice. After my early lecture this morning (in which the equally-ill professor identified with my constant nose-blowing and most students smartly avoided me) I've spent some serious time in bed drinking soup, tea, orange juice and water while reading, writing poetry, painting my nails and watching Downton Abbey. Being sick is never too bad. :) Ohh and with my recent reading on the bubonic plague and the sweating sickness of the sixteenth century related to my Tudors class, I've realized that the common cold is like a walk in the park. :)
I walked along the Old Course yesterday.

And the beach.
Both were quite beautiful.
The east coast of St Andrews seems to have a lot of seaglass; my favorite though, are the pieces of blue-painted pottery among the glass and shells on the beaches.
I collected a bit too much glass and pottery which now rest in a ceramic plate next to my bed among my $1 pearl earrings from target that I wear most days.
I saw Les Mis here last night with my friends Miriam and Michael which was very nice. It was both Michael and I's second time seeing it and Miriam's third! :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment