Monday, February 18, 2013

As the Days Pass By

Hello. :)

Things have been busy here. The last two days I've spent researching an argument for my upcoming essay on the Tudors. I feel ready to write the essay now, but my argument won't be approved (or disapproved) until Thursday. I'm a bit worried my tutor won't approve my argument...but I shall see what happens. One of my best friends (and college roommate from the past two years at Saint Michael's!) will be visiting this upcoming Friday for a little under a week! I'm really looking forward to her visit and am hoping to avoid working on my essay while she's here.


On Friday I didn't have classes, and I skipped my craft group to venture out to the fishing villages south of St Andrews along the coast of Fife. The forecast for the day predicted blue skies, and when I set out on the bus to the small towns that dot the coast of Fife, the clouds quickly set in. I explored Anstruther, one of my favorite fishing villages and about thirty minutes south of St Andrews and then saw I think five other towns by bus as it had grown dark and cloudy. The bus route ended in Leven, the southern-most town in the Kingdom of Fife, and I was able to explore there a bit before taking the express bus back to St Andrews.

The first bus which I left St Andrews on was a double-decker. I sat in the front row and took this as we left St Andrews.

Above Market Street, St Andrews.

As it grew stormy - a golf course in the fishing village of Upper Largo.
 
On Saturday night, my friend Julie and I attended the afterparty of the University of St Andrews charity fashion show. My academic Dad John has been involved with the marketing team for the fashion show all year, and we both wanted to attend to support him. We attended only the afterparty, and it was quite the experience. The event was attended by a little under 1500 students and held under a giant tent on lower college lawn in St Andrews, an area in the center-ish of town. It was a mild and comfortable night and while the afterparty certainly catered a bit to the aristocrats of St Andrews, we both had a lot of fun dancing throughout the night.
Julie and I. :)

The decor was quite beautiful! Umbrellas hung from the ceiling.



My friend/kitchenmate Joseph (who is a medical student) worked at the first aid tent throughout the night. Thankfully, I visited only to say hello. :)
 
Today was an incredibly clear yet misty day along the coast. I emerged from American poetry quite hungry around 1pm and was looking forward to eating my packed lunch, but stopped to photograph this right outside the School of English. As I walked towards it, I couldn't tell where the sea and the sky parted. This image seems to define it, but it was hard to tell earlier. Later, as I went on a jog/walk in the evening (without my camera) the sky had turned so pink-orange with more mist in the distance.

 
Kerry and I got the idea on Saturday to wish our non-American kitchenmates a happy President's day. I wrote and drew these sticky notes and pasted them onto our kitchen door over the weekend. :)
 

This one might be my favorite.
 
I struggled with George Washinton quotes...(most were about the importance of firearms, not trusting/visiting other nations, and severing ties completely from the UK...) this fabricated quote seemed to fit best. :)Sidenote: quarter was stolen last night...we're thinking the culprit is American.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment