Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Images of the Last Year Part Two

Oh man, I can't believe another week has gone by! Whoa. This summer and past year have been busy and challenging. This summer, my parents and I have lived much of the summer between two houses and have been working to sell our current home as each of us work full-time. I'm so looking forward to going abroad, but also know that leaving in less than two weeks not only means a wonderfully rich experience and new beginning, but also leaving the home I grew up in and we've lived in for fifteen years. I feel ready for it, but it's still a mix of emotions with so many changes. Below are another collection of images and a small fraction of some of my favorite memories of the last year. Each of the images remind me of love and bring such joy to me. :)

The top of Mount Major (in New Hampshire) an early morning hike Casey Burr, Matt St. Hilaire, and I did last August.

Donuts (in lieu of a birthday cake!) for Amanda's 20th birthday last September. Such a fun night and an awesome secret/surprise to organize.

Hay in Vermont! At Bread and Butter Farm in Shelburne.

Our Thanksgiving table last November. It was so wonderful to have even more extended family this year, and it was a wonderful holiday.

Camille on her birthday last November with a cake I baked. :)

A gorgous home-made garland Carol made for me last Christmas, it was on the dorm wall last semester!

One of my favorite photos ever. I took it near our house last March/April and love love love the clear foreground, the blurry background, and the cloudy sky.

Hahahahaha also one of my favorite photos. Actually, no, just a photo I'm proud of. Taken March 6, 2012 at a Richmond, Vermont Town Meeting on 'Town Meeting Day.' I later turned the photo into a photojournalism project with others from the day, but I love the emotion captured, and how Vermont it all is. The elementary-school-gym-feel is also present. I wish I could remember what was being discussed.

My lovely bunny June! Quite an old photo, for some reason we placed her in our thyme patch.

My brother Matt and I on his 24th birthday this past July.

My grandparents meeting their first great-grandchild, a few weeks ago, a very memorable day! :)

Katie and I at a Bruce Springsteen concert this past weekend. So, so fun.

My Dad and I at the same concert, I love this photo!

Taken a few seconds after the final lights went out. So amazing. Also taken right after Katie and I looked at eachother and both exclaimed "Whoaaaa!" because of how cool and dark everything was. Hahaha I still smile thinking of the look we exchanged.

No comments:

Post a Comment