Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Bit More English Tourism

Woo! It's good to be back after a bit of a busy absence. It felt right to finish it up my recent British trip with a few more photos and words.

Durham, England was incredibly beautiful and historic. After a morning of wandering and a lunch of fish and chips (I refused the hot pot of tea that seemed to commonly be served in this particular establishment with fish and chips, as it was just too warm out. Plus, fish and tea wasn't a combination I was brave enough to try).

Shortly after lunch, I met up with my friend Zoe. Zoe and I met at St. Andrews and have been pen pals for a little over a year. I visited her in 2013 at her home in York, England and she recently finished her year at Durham. After a tour of St. Mary's College and plenty of laughter with Zoe and her sweet roommate Rachel, we walked about and sat outside in the sun and talked for the afternoon.

St. Mary's College, Durham

St. Mary's College, Durham

Afterwards, I stumbled upon this cemetery (the Parish Church of St. Oswald) that in it's overgrown-beauty in the afternoon light, I found more peaceful than I could have imagined.




That evening, I made my way back to the train station for the journey north. 

No comments:

Post a Comment