Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tea & Cooking

I taught my first cooking class on Friday! It was informal. One of my friends wanted to learn how to cook. We made mango-fried rice with tofu and vegetables. I'd say it was pretty successful.



Earlier today I went to tea with a friend. I had never been to the teahouse we went to before, but it was wonderful! In addition to my chai I ordered a daal soup with rice. I was also reminded of how fun Burlington is and how rarely I venture there in the midst of busy life. Time to change that.



A frightening dream of mine came true early Tuesday morning. It was shortly before 8 a.m. when I opened my car door to find the banana I had left there overnight had frozen solid. I had heard such was possible if a banana was left outside overnight when temperatures reach 20 below. I think it only got to 0 during the night, but it was true. The banana had turned to stone.
The frozen banana on a Bob Dylan CD. Once the heat was turned on, the banana quickly turned completely black.


No comments:

Post a Comment