Friday, February 7, 2014

Camera Joy

There are countless reasons why I feel fortunate to be a student of Saint Michael’s College and the department of media studies, journalism and digital arts (as a disclaimer, I’m writing this independently of Saint Michael’s College).

The writing instruction might be the most important to me, but the web design skills, journalism history, media law, audio recording skills, newspaper design, and certainly, the photojournalism skills have proved equally necessary. My few photographing skills come solely from my spring 2012 photojournalism class. With this class, came the best camera I’ve ever used. It was a canon and I know little else about it besides that I used a nice lens throughout the spring and a giant one when I photographed President Obama in late March.


the giant lens on the canon.

The giant lens in action.

When I needed to reluctantly return it in May, I told myself that maybe someday, I would purchase a camera like that for myself. As the next two years unfolded, I found the images I captured on my small point and shoot while exploring Scotland were more than sufficient and in the last seven months, my iPhone has taken over all photography. No complaints from either. With my ongoing senior seminar project though, a department camera came my way. It's another canon and I didn't think it would be possible, but it’s even nicer than the previous one. After purchasing a memory card this morning, I tested it out on my room's surroundings.







No comments:

Post a Comment