Sunday, February 16, 2014

Stained Sky and Running

It's continued to be super snowy here. I wouldn't mind the arrival of spring anytime, really. Lately I've been finding the color of the sky fascinating. Thursday and Friday brought plenty of snow. I went snowshoeing on Friday night after the storm and the clouds were still heavy but the sky was stained slightly pink.

Saturday was clear, and along with a few friends, I ran in my first 5k! I had been running often since the beginning of the semester but dating back to middle and high school, have never been too talented with it. I began to push myself this past month though, and while running doesn't seem to come naturally, it is invigorating and an activity I hope to continue. When a friend invited me to run a 5k with her, I agreed, asked my friend Katie to join and together, we trained indoors in the evenings for about a week and a half. I knew I wouldn't be able to non-stop run the 5k, but I wasn't too far off. Despite the cold weather too and the adjustment to running outdoors in February, I felt so warm throughout. It reminded me of nordic skiing races in high school and how when focused on something else, the cold air just doesn't matter. 

                                     
                                                       Thursday evening.

                                    
                                     Katie and I shortly after finishing, so happy.
      
                         


No comments:

Post a Comment