Sunday, September 18, 2016

Happiness and Clear Days

When I think about the differences I see each day in California, they're minor and include larger tortilla sections in grocery stores, more cars and people and fewer season changes. When I think about the differences I see in myself since moving here, they're more prominent. I'm much happier here than I was most recently in New Hampshire. Family and friends are missed and play no part in the measurement, but there's a life here that I feel I've chosen out of so many options of who I could be or where I could go. I've found a naturalness and joy between a job I love and take pride in, to ocean walks or tacos or coastal road trips with friends. There's energy and opportunity here that I love. The activities I've taken on by myself, like yoga, reading and coastal walks have been a place to breath and think and give myself time. But the new friends have given meaning to living here. There are so many more young people here, ideas, places and groups to join. There's an active lifestyle and diversity of cultures and people that's a breath of fresh air. It feels right.

Pebble Beach, CA

Fall here is just as described after a traditionally foggy and cold summer: clear, sunny and the warmest season. While it seems that shorts don't see much attention any time of year, the fall temperatures reach 75 during the day and clear skies usually stretch from morning to evening. 

My office in Pebble Beach doesn't get a ton of sun, but it seems to be enough for my desk succulents!

Pacific from Pebble Beach

My work recently instituted a weekly "Wellness Hour" where employees can take an hour to practice however they view wellness. Mine usually consists of a walk to the beach.  

I love the green and purple plants along the coast, there's so many and I love the color and texture they add to the landscape.

Carmel beach sunset. 

Overcast in Pacific Grove.

I have many nice neighbors, but this corgi puppy might be my favorite. He was also born the week I arrived in California. We can chart our growth together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment