Sunday, October 18, 2015

Visions of Summer

When I sort through  images and see the ones taken this summer, I remember stories behind each one, behind the day, the ideas and thoughts and people that were present. There were good books read, a little bit of poetry too, hours and days spent outdoors and relief in late May in finishing the first full school year. There were moments of reflection when the breezes were warm and the sunlight remained late into the evening.







When I see these cemetery images taken after we gathered to say goodbye to my grandmother in early August, I remember the love there, the prayers spoken, hugs and tears followed by laughter and happiness. I remember how we spoke as grandchildren and ran after the great-grandchildren and in the heat and humidity of that summer morning, the day I turned 23, there was so much peace. 

State Capital Lawn, Concord, NH


Atlantic Ocean

I read Letters to my Daughter by Maya Angelou in late August and many of the poems came alive in some way, but I particularly liked this gospel song Angelou wrote in describing her relationship with her grandmother. It feels applicable and comforting to so many relationships. 

You said to lean on your arm and I am leaning
You said to trust in your love and I am trusting
You said to call on your name and I am calling
I'm stepping out on your word.


No comments:

Post a Comment