Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Springtime in North and South

I spent a few days in Florida last week. The time spent with both my Mom and the sun were glorious and relaxing. I think the funniest part of the experience though, was the flight commentary upon return to Manchester, New Hampshire. The flight was direct from Orlando and once the gray skies and snow came into view upon landing, the conversation went like this:

Young woman behind me: "This sucks."
My Mom, next to me: "It's like we're back in the Arctic!"
We laugh.
Flight attendant on speaker: "Welcome to Manchester, where it is 27 degrees."
140 passengers on plane: Collective groan.

*Ten minutes later in baggage claim, luggage appears and is coated with snow.*
(Presumably Floridian) Toddler: "Mommy, what's the white stuff?"

That same day, I was happy to find the New Hampshire temperatures were in the high forties. I set out on a walk, joined by furry early spring wildlife.

Central Florida wildlife

Central New Hampshire wildlife

Even though the Granite State looked like this,

and I missed this...
I remembered distantly that sometimes New Hampshire looks like this,

or this,

or this,
and that March is just a scary month of transition. I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment