Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Beautiful Ending

I graduated from college a couple of days ago. It was joyous and bittersweet. It was a full week of excitement and fun and everything went so fast. It was wonderful to have close and extended family see where I've lived for three years, and the weather was beautiful.

Shortly after graduating, Mother's Day

I've been home for two days now, and it doesn't quite feel real. So many memories continue to arrive after the laughter of last week, the jokes and ideas and late-night conversations feel paused, not finished.

Maura, myself and Katie, Lake Champlain, Friday night

One of my favorite quotes has been in my head the past few days: "For the fortunate among us, there is the temptation to follow the easy and familiar path of personal ambition and financial success, so grandly spread before those who have the privilege of education. But that is not the road history has marked out for us." -- Robert F. Kennedy, South Africa, 1966


Marlee and I

My Dad and I

This evening, I drove to the town I grew up in, and when I was finished with my activity, I drove past the areas I hadn't seen in awhile, the toy shop where I worked at 17, the high school I attended, the baseball diamond where I played church softball, the park, the summer camp. I found that like listening to music, the sight of these places brought forth so many memories.




No comments:

Post a Comment