Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sunset in St Andrews and a (wee) reflection

Good evening!

All is well here, definitely a somewhat free week academically as it's the last week of classes and all of my coursework has finished. I'm feeling much healthier and have begun studying for one exam and have certainly been busy socially with activities, societies, events, friends and plenty of fun. There are a host of different festivals, concerts, events and publicity around town this week too as Friday is St Andrew's day! Enjoy the photos below - all were taken either yesterday or today while I was out and about with friends. Also, a short (or wee) reflection is below. Have a lovely rest of the week!





Inside the foyer of Younger Hall, the concert hall at St Andrews and the location for exams and the graduation ceremony.

The ceiling within the concert hall.







Quite blurry, but I liked it. :)



I saw this car yesterday and am convinced it's one of the coolest cars I've seen in Scotland. :)
 
I wrote this earlier tonight, and while it is quite personal, I think it sums up well my last three months here. It's almost poetic, but I don't know, I like it.
 
The love and joy I've discovered here have blended with reminiscent memories of home - a staggering and beautiful view of life has been created  - interwoven with memories, individuals, places, expressions and days past. I yearn somedays for familiarity again, for my upbrining and my home, for safety and the familiarity of life. For how easy it all can be when you know how and where to live it. Yet beneath it all, I never want to leave this place.


2 comments:

  1. I love the sky pictures you have at the beginning of the post! They are wonderful. :) (Although I'm really partial to ombre skies.)

    That car is definitely cool!

    And I love the last paragraph here. It's so good! I can't wait to see you again in December! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sheilly! I appreciate it. See you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete