Thursday, July 16, 2015

Evening Walks, June

I was in a play in late June. It was a new experience for me, but a fantastic and fun couple of months. Set in a Bronx hair salon, the play was a mixture of hilarity and sadness, life, death, love and commitment. Even more exciting is that it's returning later this summer. With the evening performances and a busy work week during the show's (initial) run, I found myself in a strange sleep schedule as the adrenaline took some time to wear off. One night after a performance I found myself reading about alien abductions in the early hours of the morning to scare myself enough to fall asleep. Thankfully, it worked. I also found deep happiness in being part of the performing arts and working together with others. In the few weeks before the performances, after evening rehearsals, I would often walk through Meredith, New Hampshire at sunset, on some of the longest days of the year.



Lake Waukewan


Lake Waukewan, Meredith



Sleeping foxes at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center, Holderness

Coco and Lucy from "The Salon" in costume and character


No comments:

Post a Comment